At Singers for Funerals, we take Data Privacy seriously. We have read and digested the requirements of the GDPR using the guidance provided by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website. We are in the process of updating our working practices including data processing, storage and security where required.
What this policy covers
- The sort of personal information we collect via our website
- How we collect information and how we use it
- Who we share personal information with
- How we keep your personal information secure
- Your rights over your personal data
Who we are
In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Singers for Funerals, a funeral singing service for families and funeral directors, based at 12 Chiltern Avenue, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 9SE. We are the Data Controller, which means we are responsible for determining how we use personal data.
What sort of personal information we collect
On our website, www.singersforfunerals.co.uk, we collect the minimum of information to enable us to contact you, discuss your requirements, and to provide the services you require from us. This information will usually include:
- Your title and full name
- Your contact details including your email and telephone number
We will store and process this information for the purposes of contacting you, and for any work you may ask us to do for you. The GDPR legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, for the efficient and effective administration of our business.
How we collect your data on this website
Contact Us form
We collect personal data through this website only when you complete our Contact Us forms. When you complete and Submit the Contact Us form on our website, you consent to the data in that form being used for the purposes and legal basis stated above. Information from enquiry forms will NOT be used for marketing purposes.
Mailing Lists and Information “Sign-Up” Forms
We may introduce sign-up forms for regular emails, newsletters, etc, at a future date. If so, these types of forms will ask for your clear, explicit consent to be sent marketing information, in line with GDPR. Information submitted via these sign-up forms may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
How we’ll use your information
The personal information we collect via this website will be used to:
- Contact you in response to your enquiry
- Confirm your identity and contact details
- Provide you with our services
- Administer and manage your account
- Fulfill your booking requirements
Sharing of personal information
We never share personal information collected via this website with any third parties.
Storage of your personal data
We only store data for as long as we need it to fulfil your booking and for managing your account. We take appropriate measures to secure your personal data and to prevent its loss, misuse or alteration.
Your data rights under data protection law / GDPR
You have a number of rights relating to your personal data submitted through this website. You can:
- See what information we hold
- Ask us to update incorrect or incomplete details
- Object to or restrict processing of your information
- Transfer your information (“data portability”)
- Ask us to erase your information
Third party websites
Our website and blogs may include mentions and links to third party websites. We have no control over and take no responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of these websites.
What this policy covers
What are cookies?
Cookies are harmless text files that may be downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies help improve your experience of using that website. By accessing your cookies, these websites can remember your online preferences. Some cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser after viewing a website. Other cookies may be stored on your computer for a set period of time.
Agreeing to cookies
Agreeing to and deleting cookies
Your web browser may already automatically accept cookies. If you do not want to agree to cookies, you will need to change your browser settings.
- You’ll find browser-specific instructions here at AboutCookies.org
- You can delete cookies from your computer or mobile device at any time – instructions are here
- If you wish to opt out from your data being collected by Google Analytics on any website, (not just ours), visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your specific browser.